Adobe has recently announced the release of Adobe Photoshop Touch 1.4, which brings optimisation for smaller tablet displays including the iPad Mini and Google Nexus 7. It also adds new features and bug fixes for all users of the app. The update comes shortly after Adobe and Amazon's earlier announcement of Photoshop Touch availability in the Amazon Appstore and support for the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD.
Photoshop Touch 1.4 brings new features and effects, including:
- Added support for three pressure-sensitive styli for iPad: the Pogo Connect, Jot Touch and the Jaja stylus
- New ways to share completed projects to Facebook and Twitter directly from the app
- Added effects including Lens Flare and Stamp Pattern
- New performance and workflow enhancement including smoother brush strokes and new colour selection workflow
Now optimised for 7-inch devices
Adobe claims that the Photoshop Touch app brings the legendary creative and image-editing magic of Photoshop to tablet devices and it is now expanded to support more tablets and displays to provide customers greater flexibility to create.
Adobe Photoshop Touch 1.4 is immediately available as a free download for existing Photoshop Touch users in the iTunes App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore. For those who have not used this and new users may purchase the app for Rs 550 for iOS while the Android version costs Rs 539.
Here is a quick look at what’s new with the Android app:
- Optimized user interface for 7-inch devices (minimum screen resolution 1024 x 600)
- Smoother brush strokes
- Two new Effects: Lens Flare (under “&” menu) and Stamp Pattern
- Improved grid layout for projects, tutorials, and images
- New support for sharing to Facebook, Twitter, and other registered apps
- Quick access to last five colours with new shortcut (drag down on Colour)
- Various bug fixes
Earlier this year, Adobe announced the release of this app. Adobe Photoshop Touch offers core Photoshop features, as well as new capabilities for creating and sharing in an app custom-built for tablets. The app is a central component of Adobe Touch Apps, a family of six intuitive touch screen applications, inspired by Adobe Creative Suite software.
Photoshop Touch gives users the ability to combine multiple photos into layered images, make essential edits and apply professional effects to create beautiful artwork, touch up photos, paint, lay out ideas and much more. The Scribble Selection Tool allows users to easily extract objects in an image by simply scribbling on what to keep, and then what to remove. With Refine Edge technology from Photoshop, even hard-to-select areas with soft edges are easily captured when making selections. Photoshop Touch helps users quickly find images and share creations through integration with Facebook and Google Image Search.