Lenovo has announced the launch of the world’s lightest business Ultrabook – the ThinkPad X1 Carbon, highlighting 20 years of ThinkPad innovation and kicking off the ThinkPad brand’s 20th anniversary celebrations. ThinkPad X1 Carbon is created for those who demand the highest levels of mobility, performance, entertainment and design.
Made from carbon fibre, the X1 Carbon is the latest notebook from the ThinkPad stable. This new notebook features the latest 3rd generation Intel Core processor. It comes with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 and Lenovo’s RapidResume and RapidConnect technology to enhance performance. It weighs less than three pounds and features a high resolution 14-inch display on a 13-inch laptop design, while also offering a multi-gesture glass surface touchpad, HD face-tracking camera, dual array microphones and Dolby-tuned audio for improved sound quality.
Now available in India
Commenting on the occasion, Amar Babu, Managing Director, Lenovo India, said, “We are extremely proud to celebrate 20 years of continuous innovation with the ThinkPad. Lenovo India has seen phenomenal growth overall as well as in the Commercial business where we have sustained leadership consistently for 2 quarters. With the launch of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon, we are confident of continuing this rich legacy and offering performance users a product that will help them accomplish their professional and business goals.”
“With ThinkPad turning 20 this year, it stands amongst the few fortunate brands to achieve an iconic stature with loyal fans that are passionate about each generation of ThinkPad products,” said Rahul Agarwal, Executive Director, Commercial Business segment, Lenovo India. “Worldwide, Lenovo is also the No 1 Commercial Portable PC vendor (According to the IDC Asia/Pacific Quarterly PC Tracker CYQ2 2012). The debut of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon is the pinnacle of our ongoing quest to push the boundaries on superlative design and engineering.”
While being light due to its carbon fibre construction, it retains ThinkPad’s renowned durability for use in practically any environment. Equipped with optional 3G mobile broadband and hotspot technology, it lets users stay connected virtually anywhere, anytime.
Here's a look at the specs and features of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook:
- The world’s lightest 14-inch Ultrabook, weighing less than 1.36kg
- Measures 8mm at the thinnest point
- Up to 6.3 hours of battery life
- RapidCharge delivers 80 percent charge (5 hours of battery) in 30 minutes
- EE 3 with RapidDrive (up to 256GB SSD) boots 40 percent faster than non-optimised Windows 7 PCs
- RapidConnect allows users to go from zero to connected by maintaining wireless connections even when the laptop is closed
- Carbon fibre-reinforced material provides a durable construction
- 6-row precision ThinkPad keyboard with backlit option offers improved ergonomics and 30 percent larger surface area of keys
- Multi-gesture glass touchpad is 37 percent larger than previous-generation ThinkPad X1
- Business class protection with available Accidental Damage Protection, international warranty service and optional battery warranty upgrades
- Enterprise level Lenovo Transition Services automate time-consuming deployment tasks
- Carbon fibre roll cage provides strength, stiffness and protection from accidents
The ThinkPad X1 Carbon is available in India at starting price of Rs. 85,000. For more information on this offering from Lenovo, click here.