There has been widespread speculation about Lenovo preparing a touch-friendly version of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon. Lenovo had put up a teaser page on its US website confirming the existence of the new Ultrabook, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch. The teaser page was taken down yesterday, and it seems to have been put up six days back.
This page displaying the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch is no longer listed
Maximum PC reports, “Optimized for Windows 8, the touch-friendly Ultrabook will be available to purchase next month, though Lenovo didn't offer up an exact release date or any pricing information. There isn't much of a spec sheet to go on either, though we suspect it will sport the same or similar guts as the non-touch version.”
The X1 Carbon Touch will reportedly feature a 14-inch HD+ display that sports a resolution of 1600 x 900 and will feature support for 10-finger multi-touch and Windows 8 touchpad gestures. This Ultrabook is expected to be launched in December but there are no exact dates provided.
Featuring a 10-finger multi-touch display
The specifications of the Carbon X1 Touch are supposedly very similar to the ThinkPad X1 Carbon. In September, Lenovo announced the launch of the world’s lightest business Ultrabook – the ThinkPad X1 Carbon.
Made from carbon fibre, the X1 Carbon notebook features the latest third generation Intel Core processor. It comes with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 and Lenovo’s RapidResume and RapidConnect technology to enhance performance. It weighs less than three pounds and features a high resolution 14-inch display on a 13-inch laptop design, while also offering a multi-gesture glass surface touchpad, HD face-tracking camera, dual array microphones and Dolby-tuned audio for improved sound quality.
Lenovo claims that the X1 Carbon is light weight due to its carbon fibre construction, but it retains ThinkPad’s renowned durability for use in practically any environment. It is equipped with optional 3G mobile broadband and hotspot technology.
Here's a look at the specifications and features of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook:
- 14-inch Ultrabook, weighing less than 1.36kg
- Measures 8mm at the thinnest point
- Up to 6.3 hours of battery life
- RapidCharge delivers 80 percent charge (5 hours of battery) in 30 minutes
- EE 3 with RapidDrive (up to 256GB SSD) boots 40 percent faster than non-optimised Windows 7 PCs
- RapidConnect allows users to go from zero to connected by maintaining wireless connections even when the laptop is closed
- Carbon fibre-reinforced material provides a durable construction
- 6-row precision ThinkPad keyboard with backlit option offers improved ergonomics and 30 percent larger surface area of keys
- Multi-gesture glass touchpad is 37 percent larger than previous-generation ThinkPad X1
- Business class protection with available Accidental Damage Protection, international warranty service and optional battery warranty upgrades
- Enterprise level Lenovo Transition Services automate time-consuming deployment tasks
- Carbon fibre roll cage provides strength, stiffness and protection from accidents
The ThinkPad X1 Carbon is available in India at a price starting from Rs 85,000. Read our review of this Ultrabook here.