Yesterday it was reported that Motorola had put up a listing on their official website which showed off their upcoming handset, the Atrix HD. However, since the model had not been officially announced, the brand swiftly pulled it down. This proved that the announcement was just around the corner and Motorola Mobility Canada Ltd. has now announced the Motorola Atrix HD LTE superphone. As of now, this handset is available exclusively to Bell Mobility customers this summer and the brand claims that the Atrix HD LTE has head-turning looks and the brains to get you through your busy day.
Comes with SMARTACTIONS capabilities
Motorola states that the 4.5-inch ColourBoost display is the highest resolution smartphone display on the market supporting a wide range of more vibrant colours. They explain by stating that more pixels mean greater detail and crisper, clearer images that look true to life. They go on to state that because you need enough power to fuel everything you demand of your smartphone, the Atrix HD LTE is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
Motorola states that being remarkably thin while not sacrificing strength, ATRIX HD LTE takes innovation one step further. Its svelte 8.4mm frame is made strong with DuPont Kevlar fiber, a scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass display and a high-tech, invisible nano-coating that acts as a splash guard and shields against the unexpected splash.
The brand states that due to the strong and smart features, the Atrix HD LTE has SMARTACTIONS, a fully integrated, free application that intelligently automates everyday tasks and suggests ways to personalize your smartphone. Based on selections you make, SMARTACTIONS optimizes the phone's performance by silencing the device during meetings (but lets VIP calls through), extending battery life when it is low, announcing incoming texts and calls as well as auto-replying when you are driving so you can focus on the road.
"Motorola ATRIX HD LTE offers a smarter smartphone experience," says David Petrou, sales director, Motorola Mobility Canada. "It delivers shortcuts and convenience with SMARTACTIONS – even extending your battery life so you're never out of power when it matters most."
Here is a quick look at the highlighted features of the Motorola Atrix HD:
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- Front-facing camera for Google+ Hangouts video chats
- Rear-facing 8 megapixel camera to capture every single moment. Plus, those photos can automatically be uploaded to a private album on Google+ so you don't have to worry about accidentally deleting images
- Records videos in 1080p HD at 30 frames per second, which means you get smooth playback
- Mirror Mode when connected with an HDMI cable to view images, files and movies on a larger screen
- Wi-Fi Direct for easy transfer of files directly between two devices
- Access to over 600,000 apps and games on Google Play, as well as millions of books and thousands of movies and TV shows
As of now, the Motorola Atrix HD LTE is only available in Canada through Bell Mobile. There is no word on when this handset will be available in global markets but we certainly hope it is sooner than later.