Galaxy Note users in India, rejoice! Samsung is rolling out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to Galaxy Note devices in India as we type. But don't be surprised if you don't see the update immediately - it is rolling out in a queue system according to user comments across the Internet.
Some users are saying the update is available for download via the Samsung Kies app, but not everyone has been lucky. You can simply connect your Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) devices to your PCs and get started as this is supposed to be a broad rollout. You can also get the update via SamMobile, although it is advisable to use this method only if you are familiar with flashing ROMs. The update is also available as an OTA update for most people although some users are still not seeing it trickle through to their Notes.
India gets an update
While we don't have an extensive changelog to show you at the moment, we know that the update will bring performance improvements and better stability thanks to Project Butter and of course, Google Now.
The baseband version of the Indian update to Samsung Galaxy Note is N7000DDLS6 and the build number is N7000DDLSC. Samsung had started to roll out the Jelly Bean update in February around the world. The Indian update is likely to bring with it the same features.The build was JZO54K and some of the enhancements the update brought along with it were:
- Smooth performance and great stability thanks to Project Butter
- Google Now
- Multi-View multitasking mode, which can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- A brand new notification drawer with expandable alerts
- Customisable toggles
- Continuous input like Swype or Android 4.2 keyboard
- S-Cloud service
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay, Smart Rotation and Pop-up Play
- New Samsung widgets
- Two homescreen modes – Normal and Easy
Galaxy Note was Samsung’s first phablet device and was launched with Ice Cream Sandwich. Considered to be a game-changer of sorts it’s still a formidable device in the face of quad-core, full HD competition and still enjoys a wide user base. This update will bring it up to speed with the Galaxy Note 2. It breathes a new life into the Galaxy Note and replaces the aging Samsung TouchWiz UI with the more modern Nature UX Interface, same as the one being used in the Galaxy S3. It also brings a ton of features from the Galaxy Note 2.
Here are some key specifications of the Galaxy Note:
- 5.3-inch HD Super AMOLED display with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution
- 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi
- GPS with A-GPS support and Google Maps
- Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, USB 2.0 HS
- 8 megapixel camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Memory expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card
The phone is powered by a dual-core Exynos processor clocked at 1.4GHz and a Mali-400MP GPU. It was the first phone to be launched with Samsung’s unique S-Pen stylus.