XOLO’s answer to the Micromax A116 Canvas HD is now available at some online retailers. The company also announced the XOLO A1000 through official channels today. The phone has an HD display and is manufactured using a unique One Glass Solution (OGS) display technology, that reduces the girth of the phone.
The XOLO A1000 phablet has an expected shipping time of 7-8 days and is priced at Rs 13,999. At that price, one can also get the Micromax A116 Canvas HD, which was officially launched yesterday on the company’s website. Although the XOLO A1000 is priced decently, we think it should have been priced closer to Rs 10,000. At that range, these specs will be more than just a good deal.
XOLO A1000 has a 5-inch 720p display
Some specifications of the XOLO A1000 are:
- 5-inch HD IPS display with a 1280 x 720 resolution at 295 PPI
- Dual SIM, 2G, 3G (HSDPA: 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.7 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor and HDR
- 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera with BSI sensor
- 4GB internal memory with microSD expansion slot support up to 32GB
Going by the specs, the phone looks to be a direct competitor to Micromax’s A116 Canvas HD, even though it has a last-generation MediaTek processor. The XOLO A1000 has a 1GHz dual-core Mediatek MT6577 processor and 1GB of RAM. The XOLO A1000 also comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and has a 2100 mAh battery. The company has managed to pack all the hardware in a slim body. The phone is only 8.8 mm thick, much thinner than the 10.7 mm thick Micromax handset.
XOLO A1000 is only 8.8 mm thick!
The Micromax A116 Canvas HD has been a hot handset ever since its announcement. It brings specifications like a quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and a price tag of Rs 13,900.
Here are some specifications of the phone:
- 5-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1280 x 720
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot
- GPS with GLONASS and A-GPS
- Bluetooth with A2DP
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash with night mode and 4X zoom, and VGA front camera
- 4GB of internal storage and supports microSD card up to 32GB
The XOLO A1000 will have a tough time matching up to these specs, but going by our recent A800 review, it should be a capable performer. Thanks to its retail availability, it joins the company’s line-up of smartphones, which include the Intel-powered X500 and X900 as well as the A500, A700 and A800 smartphones.