Saturday April 21 05:08 pm
FujiFilm Finepix S2980 Photo Slideshow of 'Auto-mode'
This is just a slideshow of a few photos taken on the FujiFilm Finepix S2980 in AUTO-MODE (this is essentially the camera's most basic mode for taking photos).
I have tried to cover as many conditions (indoor & outdoor) and levels of zoom as possible.
A few notes
- Only a few features of the camera are demonstrated here (e.g. flash vs. no flash conditions, natural indoor light, natural outdoor light, macro vs. super macro and 18x zoom).
- The photos have NOT been taken directly off the camera, i.e. I had to put the photos into Windows Movie Maker (Win7 version) in order to make the slideshow. Please note, however, I have not introduced any post-photo effects/editing.
- YouTube and Movie Maker have fuzzed up the quality of the photos. The photos are quite a lot sharper, more vibrant and have more depth (SEE Flickr link below). Compressing the file meant losing some quality.
- Natural daylight photos are probably the best, whereas the night and indoor shots depend on the lighting you introduce. Here, I have intentionally avoided introducing flash/lighting in some photos. This is for the sake of comparison.
- Photos in low lighting situations tend to appear grainy, indicating that the camera's 'noise performance' is not great for those wanting clear images of dark situations.
- The video begins with outdoor shots. Indoor shots begin at 2 12.
- If you intend to take plenty of high quality photos, I highly recommend purchasing an SD card that allows for more than 2GB storage.
Seen better? Have any tips? Questions? Want to see more? Want to leave a comment? All responses welcome.
Some of the photos displayed here can be viewed on Flickr; here, you can view the photos in top quality http //www.flickr.com/photos/ladybiosphere/
There are additional images, taken in MANUAL MODE on this link.
If you're specifically interested in macro and zoom quality, you can find links on my channel.