Saturday March 12 10:04 pm
#TECHi Ep. 1 Pt. 2 Big Door Media, Whrrl, Gamification, Social Gifting
PepsiCo presents TechInterruption (#techi for short) by Allen & Gerritsen - a rapidfire show about the tech issues of the day.
@SchneiderMike and @EricLeist sit down with Keith Smith of Big Dog Media and Jeff Holden of Whrrl to discuss their respective companies and how they're impacting the tech world.
Keith Smith, CEO of Big Door Media
1. Gamification and how it can enhance a community.
2. Social gifting, how it works and how it creates impact (Prompted by @Mr Wang).
3. The maturation of gamification and where it's going from its current point.
4. How Big Door acts as a platform and how it can help elevate the experience a company offers to a user
Jeff Holden, CEO of Whrrl
1. The idea behind Whrrl -- a location-based application that encourages users to try new things within their neighborhoods
2. The competition between Whrrl and FourSquare
3. Serendipitous discovery, what makes it appealing and how it's more advantageous than proximity discovering.
4. Whrrl's robot and its chances of beating the SVNGR bot
Join the conversation on Twitter at #techi. Let us know what you want us to debate, and ask our guests!